Lewisham Council offer free recycling for your real Christmas tree-
Real Christmas trees
You can recycle your real Christmas tree from 2 January to 28 February 2021.
Bring your tree to one of these collection points:
- Hilly Fields, entrance in Hilly Fields Crescent
- Blythe Hill, entrance on Codrington Hill
- Deptford Park, entrance in Scawen Road
- Telegraph Hill, Pepys Road/Kitto Road entrance
- Talbot Place, Blackheath
- Mountsfield Park, entrance at top of George Lane
- Sydenham Wells Park, entrance in Wells Park Road
- Forster Memorial Park, top entrance on Whitefoot Lane
- Northbrook Park, Baring Road entrance
- Mayow Park, entrance in Mayow Road
- Chinbrook Meadows, Amblecote Road
- Manor House Gardens, Old Road entrance (you can’t recycle your tree at Manor Park).
If you have a garden waste bin, you can use it to recycle your real Christmas tree. Just cut it into pieces no bigger than 10cm thick and 50cm long.
You should remove all decorations, pots or stands before recycling your tree. You can’t put artificial trees in your garden waste bin.